Friday, January 15, 2010

THE PROGRAM by Jolene

Here is one of our patient's experiences during her first week on "the program" here at AK TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS. This was a post on her facebook page that we got permission to share with the world:

A couple weeks ago I saw an ad on TV... a free seminar on how hormones affect weight loss, or the difficulty in losing weight. I decided... why not.. it's free.. so I got the tickets. Last Tuesday, January 5.. I attended the seminar. The presentation was interesting and engaging. All participants were given a certificate worth $100 towards a consultation if you scheduled it that night. I scheduled mine for the next day... cost to me $25. The consultation consisted of more education on hormones and toxicity. A weigh in with one of those scales that measures your body fat and tells you how much you should weigh and approx. how many calories you should be consuming.Then came the presentation of 'the program'. I decided I was worth the $$ to give it a try. Signed up for the 12 week program, took home the materials to read thru, and started on Friday, January 8. The first two days are eating real food.. lots of fresh fruits and veggies and lean protein. The next three days were a detox cleanse. I was very apprehensive to begin, thinking I would be very hungry. I started on Sunday, which meant two days at work not eating and that concerned me a bit too.The three days passed quickly, I surprisingly did not feel hungry. Well, of course I got hungry, but not to the point where I felt the lemonade mixture was not enough to satisfy the hunger. And it didn't taste bad either! That brings me to Wednesday where I started eating real food again. I was again a little apprehensive to reintroduce food to my system. I knew once I ate something, I would feel hungry. And that's been my issue.. I avoid eating breakfast cause I know in a couple hours I will be hungry. But if I skip breakfast, I can go most of the day without ever feeling hungry. Wednesday after work I had my second appointment for a weigh in and exercise, sauna, body wrap... almost spa like... They had me weigh in first... and yahoo! -8.5# yippee!! And then the exercise... for a little bit, then sauna for 30 min... nice, hot, relaxing... read my book, drank lots of water... then on to the body wrap.. Very interesting... smells good and I got some more quality time with my book. Once that was done, I was on my way home. Until next week.... weigh in again on Wednesday... in the mean time.. I will be eating breakfast (strawberry or frozen mixed fruit shake) eating lots of veggies and fruit. I will be attempting to go swimming at least once a week (right Ellen? Tuesday?.. let me know if you go before that.. Sat or Sun?) Spending some time with the Wii Fit... it's not really much, but considering I've been pretty inactive since winter set in.. it's better than nothing. and water... lots and lots of water... I drink lots of water anyway, but I've also cut out coffee, and pop, and really, I don't miss them.Bread is going to be the hard thing.. and chips, but so far so good. I sat in a meeting yesterday where two people brought microwave popcorn and I didn't feel like I needed any. Sipped my water and ate an apple and I was all good...
Oh.. and let me not forget all the supplements.... cause I have forgotten them twice already in these 7 days... and for more information you can try www.burnfatalaska.com or I think www.aktotalweightloss.com

No comments:

Post a Comment